About Soucie Law
Fred Soucie"Humble servant of Justice" is the phrase that best describes Fred Soucie. Fred has a national reputation in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death matters of all kinds. His clients are treated with the utmost care and respect. Fred consistently obtained some of the most significant settlements and jury verdicts in Minnesota.
Some of Fred's personal injury settlments and verdicts can be viewed on the Results page.
During his successful career spanning more than three decades, Fred earned many awards and accolades that few other attorneys can claim:
- Selected as an Attorney of the Year for 2008 by Minnesota Lawyer for his success in obtaining multiple settlements and verdicts in excess of $1,000,000.
- Selected as one of the Top 100 of all the Lawyers in Minnesota consistently by Minnesota Law & Politics and Twin Cities Business Magazine.
- Voted a Super Lawyer™ by his peers every year since 1994.
- Part of the pro bono consortium of attorneys representing I-35W bridge collapse victims.
- One of the eight attorneys ever inducted into the Founders Society of the Minnesota Association for Justice for his long-standing contributions to the cause of the injured.
- Past President of the Amdahl Inn of Court.
- Past President of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Graduate of Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyer College.
As a personal injury attorney, Fred handled numerous catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. He was especially recognized for his cases against power companies for electrical injury and death as well as for his work against gas companies for gas explosion injury and death.
After law school, Fred worked on a clam boat on the Atlantic Ocean out of Ocean City, Maryland. He learned there is a "right way", a "wrong way", and the "Captain Wayne Watson way" to do things—always do things to the best of your ability. Fred took "Captain Wayne's way" to heart.
Fred survived an airplane crash early on in his legal career and knows what it's like to be injured and have your injuries doubted and disputed by insurance companies.
Fred lives in Anoka County with his wife, Dr. Linda Soucie. Together they have seven beautiful daughters. Fred and his wife enjoy traveling to the mountains and visiting their cabin at Steamboat Lake near Walker, Minnesota, which has been a family gathering place for many years.
Fred is proud of his career as an injury lawyer for justice and is excited to continue serving people by helping them find the best possible legal representation. He takes an active role in supporting community organizations, especially those who support injured victims. The thing Fred is proudest of is what clients say about the his service to them during troubled times.